Thursday, December 18, 2008

Year-round Camping

It's official...Ashley is a Monkey!

She recently discovered how to climb out of her crib...the first couple times she fell and hurt herself and we thought that would deter her from trying in the future. But, much to our chagrin, she has continued to get out and now is at the point where she can do so at will without hurting herself.

Laura wanted to purchase a "tent" that goes over the crib so that she wouldn't be able to do that but I was not so sure...they are so expensive and I just kept thinking we could teach her not to get out unless we were there.

This pattern of self-extraction from the crib continued and Laura finally went to purchase the "tent!" $70.00 later, we are enjoying peace of mind as our little camper gets to sleep in her "tent" twice a day now! I keep telling her how lucky she is that she gets to go camping everyday of the year!

Ashley before the "door" closes...

Life seems pretty good until...

the "door" is zipped up!

"Wait a second...I can't open this!"

"I'm getting mad now!"

"This isn't funny!"

"If I get out of here..."


I hate to admit this but....this may be the best $70.00 I've ever spent!

5 comments:

Marilee said...

That is HILARIOUS you guys!!! I have a friend with twins who actually set up their cribs UPSIDE DOWN to keep them from climbing out. She put the mattresses on the floor, dumped the crib upside down and then would slide the side rail up and down to get them in and out! I think I'd opt for the tent for sure! Hey I need your address for Christmas cards...actually, for New Years cards since they won't be getting to you by Christmas. Just leave it on my blog comments and I won't publish your comment! Thanks and Merry Christmas! -Mar

Kristin said...

That is a great contraption!

Rebecca said...

We miss the monkey, and all of you guys! Is it Spring Break yet? :)

Jeff Hamm said...

Looks like SANITY for a mere 70 bucks... can't beat that!

Kelly Nielson said...

We need some new pictures Jay!